Customer Service Officer
Job no: 498481
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Supermarkets
Categories: Administration & Office Support, Customer Service, Retail, Logistics & Distribution
We are a $13 billion business listed on the ASX top 100 with locations across Australia and New Zealand. We proudly support independently owned retailers and food service operators across our portfolio of brands including; Mitre 10, IGA, Cellarbrations, The Bottle-O, Home Timber & Hardware, Campbells and C-Store distribution.
About the role:
This role will act as a central point of contact in providing responsive and accurate services for our customers. This includes; queries, complaint resolution, enquiries, claims and orders. This role will actively work to improve customer satisfaction levels at all times and provide recommendations where necessary.
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively manage individual claims from notification to closure within required timeframe.
- Investing the necessary level of involvement required for each claim depending on the category, type and quantum of the claim.
- Answering all inbound call types in accordance with the Customer Service Quality Assurance Program.
- Data entry, covering orders, claims, customer records and administration.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to optimize service and sales opportunities ensuring a total supply solution.
- Maintain a professional attitude, appearance and behaviour at all times and complying with company standards.
- Creating outstanding and enduring customer value by assessing each individual customer’s circumstances and resolving in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments and work as part of team and autonomously
- Work on new initiatives as required by the Customer Service Team leader
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to work a flexible span of hours across 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday. Some weekend and public holiday work is required.
- 3 + years experience in a Call Centre Customer Service environment, preferably in a distribution environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to analyze information and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to listen attentively and demonstrate patience with customers. Intermediate excel skills to include formatting & formulas
- Knowledge of MS Office applications at an intermediate level.
- Ability to display a high level of integrity and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously.
To find out more about Metcash visit us at www.metcash.com
Back to search results Apply now