Regional Sales Representative
Job no: 498498
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Convenience
Categories: Merchandise, Retail, Sales
State: NSW, QLD
We are a $13 billion business listed on the ASX top 100 with locations across Australia and New Zealand. We proudly support independently owned retailers and food service operators across our portfolio of brands including; Mitre 10, IGA, Cellarbrations, The Bottle-O, Home Timber & Hardware, Campbells and C-Store distribution.
We are looking for people with a challenger brand mentality that are empowered and driven to challenge the status quo. We are creating a great place to work with our 6,000 employees all focused on, and passionate about achieving our purpose of Successful Independents.
About the role:
As the Regional Sales Representative, you will be responsible for growing sales with existing customers and developing new business within the One Wholesaler Convenience business. You will be responsible for a defined territory to achieve targeted business plans and sales revenue goals.
Please note: This role will cover the North Coast NSW region down to Coffs harbour. Our office base is Crestmead, QLD which you will be required to visit on a once a month basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering sales budget within the defined territory to reach EBIT target.
- Executing the state and national convenience sales strategy to achieve set objectives.
- Maintaining effective relationships internally and externally to deliver core partnership strategies for the One Wholesaler Convenience business.
- Execution of a territory customer call plan in line with the One Wholesaler strategy, ensuring sales are captured by the business in the most effective manner.
- Growing existing business through relationship management techniques and effective use of promotional campaigns, range reviews and new product development.
- Regularly identifying new opportunities in territory, developing and actively gaining new profitable business to build route density.
- Maintaining collaborative and effective relationships with key support roles and contacts to optimize service and sales opportunities.
- Providing insight of the local and customer segment market to assist in delivering value added benefits to customers.
- Maintaining an understanding of the top and low performing customers within the territory, and develop a proactive plan to manage the required actions.
- Building cohesive relationships with the immediate sales team, and provide coverage and support to ensure to the group are meeting the nominated targets.
- An experienced Sales Representative with direct selling experience preferably across the FMCG and Food Service Industries.
- Competency in utilising trade mathematics to demonstrate a precise understanding in pricing, margin and profit leavers.
- Sound negotiation skills to build customer relationships to achieve and execute win-win solutions.
- An ability to analyse and interpret internal and external data to develop sales strategies.
- Strong planning and organisation skills to effectively balance growing existing customers with developing new customer relationships.
- Confident communicator with an ability to apply listening, negotiation and presentation skills and be adaptable to varying target audiences.
- An ability to strongly negotiate to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Displays confident utilisation of the Microsoft suite and can confidently use various technology tools.
To find out more about Metcash visit us at www.metcash.com
Back to search results Apply now