Job no: 498527
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Independent Hardware Group
Categories: Logistics & Distribution
State: VIC, NZ
Site: Derrimut M10
Metcash are a $13.bn business with over 6,000 employees in Australia and New Zealand. We are a challenger brand and champion of the independent, supporting local retailers. Our portfolio of consumer brands includes IGA, Cellarbrations Mitre 10 and Home Timber & Hardware. Together, Mitre 10 and Home Timber & Hardware are known as Independent Hardware Group.
As an employer we empower our people to be accountable allowing them to grow their own careers. We give them the opportunity to champion innovation and initiatives which will make a difference to the independent retail industry. We offer development opportunities and reward initiative, success and results.
Independent Hardware Group has a focus on people, performance and providing great customer outcomes by working together and building partnerships.
We are currently seeking an experienced Distribution Centre Supervisor to manage day to day operational activities at our Distribution Centre in Derrimut.
Reporting to the Regional Distribution Manager Southern, you will be responsible for leading and managing all allocated teams whilst ensuring safety in the workplace is maintained and enhanced. You will also identify opportunities to increase levels of service to the customer, participate in relevant cross functional business meetings and report on performance in the DC.
Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Sound background in DC management with a sound knowledge of WMS systems
- Strong planning and systems skills
- Experience with Dallas, RDW or Kronos an advantage but not necessary
- Experience in managing in accordance with state OH&S requirements and ensure workplace safety is paramount
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to identify business improvement strategies and opportunities
- Manage time, resources and change effectively
- Satisfy internal and external customers
- Computer literate
Manage workflow of a group of staff
If you have a warehouse leadership background and are looking for a new challenge, apply today!
Back to search results Apply now