TEAM MEMBER - STOREPERSON
Job no: 498537
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Independent Hardware Group
Site: Acacia Ridge HTH
Storeperson – Acacia Ridge
We are part of a $13 billion plus business with locations across Australia, New Zealand and China. Metcash proudly support independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including Mitre 10, Home Timber & Hardware, IGA, Cellarbrations, Friendly Grocer, Campbells and The Bottle-O. At Metcash we are transforming our business and challenging the status quo of retail.
For over 50 years Mitre 10 has been the local and independent hardware store to thousands of Australians. Our focus is on people, performance and providing great customer outcomes by working together and building partnerships.
Home Timber & Hardware Group is the home of quality hardware and expert advice, proudly servicing builders, tradies and home renovators across the nation under the main retail brands – Home Timber & Hardware and Thrifty-Link Hardware. Our vision is to grow and strengthen our business by investing in our people and developing strong partnerships with our customers and our vendors.
We are currently seeking a talented Warehouse Team Member to join our Hardings team in a Full-time basis, from Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will ensure a high standard in the dispatch of stock for the site in order to maximise sales and exceed customer service expectations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the warehousing of store in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure stock is not damaged when picking and packing orders where possible
- Assist in the dispatch of store stock in accordance with company procedures
- Maintain housekeeping standards. Merchandise not stored on the yellow line or anywhere covering the yellow lines in the storeroom
- Assist with the management of stock transfers
- Deliver customer service excellence
- Project a professional image by maintaining a neat, tidy and businesslike appearance
- Provide knowledgeable service and assist customers
- Communicate effectively with other team members including listening, involving others in decisions, sharing information and empathising with their needs
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Safety, Health and Environment principles by complying with and actively participating in training programs
- Ensure company policies and procedures are strictly adhered to regarding stock control, stock security, refunds and company monies
To be considered for this role applicants who are able to meet the following selection criteria will be considered favourably:
Back to search results Apply now