LEARNING SOLUTIONS MANAGER
Job no: 498542
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Independent Hardware Group
Categories: Human Resources
Site: Hallam M10
Learning Solutions Manager
Metcash are a $13.bn business with over 7,500 employees in Australia and New Zealand. We are a challenger brand and champion of the independent, supporting local retailers. Our portfolio of consumer brands includes IGA, Cellarbrations Mitre 10 and Home Time & Hardware. Together, Mitre 10 and Home Timber & Hardware are known as Independent Hardware Group (IHG).
As an employer we empower our people to be accountable allowing them to grow their own careers. We give them the opportunity to champion innovation and initiatives which will make a difference to the independent retail industry. We offer development opportunities and reward initiative, success and results.
Independent Hardware Group (IHG) has a focus on people, performance and providing great customer outcomes by working together and building partnerships.
Located in Hallam, with a move to Heatherton late 2017, and reporting to the General Manager Sales & Operations, the Learning Solutions Manager will to develop, coordinate and administer appropriate learning solutions to our members in line with the business strategy for trade and retail excellence.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop learning solutions designed to contribute to the achievement of the organisation's objectives, with a focus on trade and retail excellence, inclusive of but not limited to: eLearning, Face to Face workshops, Blended Learning, Webinars
- Manage and administer the eLearning platform for optimal use
- Liaise with relevant subject matter experts to acquire relevant training material and information, including internal stakeholders, suppliers and Metcash
- Liaise with external providers, when required, to produce high level applications for eLearning
- Work within agreed timeframes
- Ensure all training design is within allocated cost neutral and transparent budget
- Maintain continuous improvement on all learning solutions through evaluation and mandatory updates
- Support stores with functionality of eLearning platform
- Create and coordinate annual training calendar
- Promote best practice learning & development behaviours throughout the organisation and membership
To be Successful in this role you will need the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Adult Education
- Certificate IV TAE
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of business
- Ability to problem solve/provide guidance and direction through effectively understanding concerns/issues/problems and assist in identifying resolution
- Comprehensive knowledge of business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in online authoring with Articulate Storyline and other enhancement tools
- Attributes: Strong customer focus, enthusiastic, pro-active, reliable, self-motivated, attention to detail and an ability to work to strict deadlines
By joining the Independent Hardware Group you will be joining culture of hardworking and passionate individuals who are all striving to make a positive impact within the independent retail industry.
If this sounds like your ideal position then apply today!
No agencies will be entertained.
Back to search results Apply now