Job no: 498788
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Convenience
Categories: Finance, Retail
Site: Macquarie Park
What we can offer you?
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work environment
- Training opportunities. Your personal development is important to us
- Multiple career opportunities and the opportunity to be part of our transformation journey
- Added benefits. Well-being days, extra leave days just for you; subsided vacation care; corporate health benefits and much more.
About the role:
Provide financial and management accounting support to the Metcash Convenience and Corporate Stores and to the Accounting and Commercial Managers by performing key financial accounting and reporting tasks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage accounting transactions for Convenience and Corporate Stores
- Preparation of monthly profit and loss reports for the business and Accounting Manager
- Carry out month end review and insight regarding the drivers of the result and variances from budget/forecast.
- Maintenance and integrity of the balance sheet and P&L. Prepare reconciliations for nominated accounts and ensure all reconciling items are cleared on a regular basis.
- Investigate and resolve underlying drivers of variance to mitigate risk.
- Work closely with Commercial and Operations team to assist with Budget and Forecasts
- Prepare Convenience labour performance reports
- Ensure timely production of daily and weekly reports.
- Liaise with IT department on resolving system interfaces and mapping issues
- Work with Shared Services team to manage balance sheet reconciliations
- Work proactively with Accounts Receivable and other departments to promptly resolve transactional issues that arise
- Identify any potential balance sheet and Profit & Loss risks and recommend and implement mitigating actions
- Drive improvement and efficiency gains through identifying and implementing process initiatives within all finance streams
- Provide a quick turnaround on business queries and meet customer reporting expectations.
- Respond to Internal and External Auditors queries
- Compliance with all minimum controls relating to Australian Accounting Standards Board & Metcash policy
What you will bring:
- Degree Qualified. Working towards CPA or CA qualified
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and Taxation Law.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (intermediate to advanced including Access and Pivot table)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data analytics and database skills preferred
- SAP, Power Enterprise financials preferred
- Management skills
We are a $13 billion plus business with location across Australia, New Zealand and China. Metcash proudly support independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including Mitre 10, IGA, Celebrations, Friendly Grocer, Campbells and The Bottle-O. At Metcash we are transforming our business and challenging the status quo of retail. We are creating a great place to work, with our 6,000 employees all passionate about achieving our purpose of Successful Independents.
Back to search results Apply now