Delivery Truck Driver - Mt Waverley
Job no: 498936
Work type: Casual
Business Unit: Independent Hardware Group
Site: Mt Waverley HTH
Truck Driver – Mt Waverley
We are part of a $13 billion plus business with locations across Australia, New Zealand and China. Metcash proudly support independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including Mitre 10, Home Timber & Hardware, IGA, Cellarbrations, Friendly Grocer, Campbells and The Bottle-O. At Metcash we are transforming our business and challenging the status quo of retail.
For over 50 years Mitre 10 has been the local and independent hardware store to thousands of Australians. Our focus is on people, performance and providing great customer outcomes by working together and building partnerships.
Home Timber & Hardware Group is the home of quality hardware and expert advice, proudly servicing builders, tradies and home renovators across the nation under the main retail brands – Home Timber & Hardware and Thrifty-Link Hardware. Our vision is to grow and strengthen our business by investing in our people and developing strong partnerships with our customers and our vendors.
Mt Waverley Home Timber & Hardware are currently seeking an outgoing and knowledgeable individual to join the team as a Team Member. The successful candidate will need to be available to be rostered between the hours of 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, & will be offered a casual position.
The Team Member will provide excellent customer service, must be motivated, and be relied upon to work in an unsupervised environment. They will need to hold a current HR license and also have a current crane license.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the health and safety of all fellow staff, customers and contractors within their department
• Provide accurate deliveries on time, with a high focus on customer service
• Ability to assist with order picking and packing
• Be relied upon to represent the company within the public domain in a professional manner
To be considered for this role applicants need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
• Ability to be available for work across the 5 days of the week which may include the occasional Saturday morning
• Demonstrate a strong customer focus.
• Work in a fast-paced team environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• An eye for detail and a sense of urgency to achieve results
• Prioritise workload to effectively meet deadlines
• Able to deliver to Building sites in Melbourne Metro area with some heavy lifting required
• Hold a current MR/HR Driving Licence
• Valid Forklift licence or Crane truck licence would be advantageous
• Good driving record preferred
If you feel you have what it takes to join our team and build your career, we want to hear from you!
Back to search results Apply now