Customer Service Representative – Footscray
We are part of a $13 billion plus business with locations across Australia, New Zealand and China. Metcash proudly support independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including Mitre 10, Home Timber & Hardware, IGA, Cellarbrations, Friendly Grocer, Campbells and The Bottle-O. At Metcash we are transforming our business and challenging the status quo of retail.
For over 50 years Mitre 10 has been the local and independent hardware store to thousands of Australians. Our focus is on people, performance and providing great customer outcomes by working together and building partnerships.
Home Timber & Hardware Group is the home of quality hardware and expert advice, proudly servicing builders, tradies and home renovators across the nation under the main retail brands – Home Timber & Hardware and Thrifty-Link Hardware. Our vision is to grow and strengthen our business by investing in our people and developing strong partnerships with our customers and our vendors.
Footscray Home Timber & Hardware are currently seeking an outgoing and knowledgeable individual to join the team as a Customer Service Representative. This position will suit an enthusiastic and motivated individual with strong attention to detail and a focus on continuous improvement. Working with various team members, you will have excellent interpersonal skills to build solid, long-term relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
* Processing of customer orders and enquires, delivery date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by the customer
* Liaise with Account Managers regarding issues due to stock, delivery scheduling, supplier problems and report collation
* Liaising with trade customers via phone and email
* Providing excellent customer service
* Ordering of special products as specified on builder orders
* General office duties
* Any other duties specified by your manager or supervisor
To be considered for this role applicants need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Effective time management skills
* A passion for Customer Service
* High level of verbal and written communication skills
* Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
* Work in a fast paced team environment
* Resolve customer issues
* Proficient computer skills
* Previous experience in a trade environment and associated products (beneficial but not essential)
* Commitment to continuous improvement
If you feel you have what it takes to join our team and build your career, we want to hear from you!