TEAM MEMBER - Mount Waverley
Job no: 498971
Work type: Casual
Business Unit: Independent Hardware Group
Site: Mt Waverley HTH
Timber Yard Assistant – Tait Mount Waverley
We are part of a $13 billion plus business with locations across Australia, New Zealand and China. Metcash proudly support independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including Mitre 10, Home Timber & Hardware, IGA, Cellarbrations, Friendly Grocer, Campbells and The Bottle-O. At Metcash we are transforming our business and challenging the status quo of retail.
For over 50 years Mitre 10 has been the local and independent hardware store to thousands of Australians. Our focus is on people, performance and providing great customer outcomes by working together and building partnerships.
Home Timber & Hardware Group is the home of quality hardware and expert advice, proudly servicing builders, tradies and home renovators across the nation under the main retail brands – Home Timber & Hardware and Thrifty-Link Hardware. Our vision is to grow and strengthen our business by investing in our people and developing strong partnerships with our customers and our vendors.
Tait Home Timber & Hardware are currently seeking an outgoing and knowledgeable individual to join the team as a Yard assistant. The successful candidate will be offered a casual position working across Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service, must be motivated, and be relied upon to work in an unsupervised environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving customers in the yard- helping them with their orders with fast and efficient service
- Picking orders to be sent out on delivery trucks
- Putting away stock, mainly timber and associated products
- Ensuring the health and safety of all fellow staff, customers and contractors within their department
- Provide accurate deliveries on time, with a high focus on customer service
To be considered for this role applicants need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus.
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prioritise workload to effectively meet deadlines
- Must be physically fit and able to be on your feet all day
- Sense of urgency
- An eye for detail and a sense of urgency
- Ability to be available for work across the 5 days of the week which may include the occasional Saturday morning
- Forklift Licence an advantage, but not essential
If you feel you have what it takes to join our team and build your career, we want to hear from you!
Back to search results Apply now