Job no: 498987
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Independent Hardware Group
Site: Hallam M10
What we can offer you
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work environment
- Modern office facilities, including free and secure onsite car parking, Wi-Fi facilities, break out/collaboration spaces
- Training opportunities, your personal development is important to us
- Multiple career opportunities and the opportunity to be a part of our transformation journey
- Added benefits such as Well being days, extra leave days just for you, corporate health benefits and more
About the role
Located in Heatherton and reporting to the AR Team Leader Wholesale, the Credit Controller will be responsible for the prompt collection of monies from accounts within a designated ledger along with responsibility for the application of IHG Collection Policy & Procedures.
What you will do
- Responsible for the collections of monies due to IHG from accounts within a designated ledger, including the prompt and regular follow up of monies owed.
- Ensure adherence to current IHG Collection Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for recommending late payment, stop supply or legal action on delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for the resolution and/or escalation of customer queries.
- Responsible for assisting the A/R Team leader with monthly AR functions such as Weekly/Monthly Statements, Mid and End of Month Journals and End of Month Roll Over.
- Responsible for the assessment, recommendation and creation of new AHW accounts.
- Responsible for the allocation of monies paid on to various accounts within a designated ledger.
- Where applicable, responsible for reconciliation of accounts within ledger.
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as required including but not limited to; - completion of weekly internal store listing advice. - completion of daily allocation queries to Metcash.
- Statements, Direct Debits & Journals completed within required timeframes.
- Running of daily I-Doc and reports and resolution of errors
- other projects as required by management.
What you will bring
To be Successful in this role you will need the following:
- Exceptional Communication Skills, able to build effective relationships at all levels
- 3 to 5 years experience in a credit collections role.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems, with experience in SAP, Oracle and Dynamics AX.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel & Word skills
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a challenging environment.
- Strong customer focus
We are a $13 billion plus business with locations cross Australia, New Zealand and China. Metcash proudly support independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including Mitre 10, Home Timber & Hardware, IGA, Cellarbrations, Friendly Grocer, Campbells and the Bottle-O. By joining the Independent Hardware Group you will be joining culture of hardworking and passionate individuals who are all striving to make a positive impact within the independent retail industry.
If this sounds like your ideal position then apply today!
No agencies will be entertained.
Back to search results Apply now