National Category Manager, Confectionery and Seasonal
Job no: 499924
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Supermarkets
Site: Macquarie Park
Whats on offer
- Flexible work environment
- Maternity and Paternity benefits
- Secure and free onsite parking
- Training opportunities, as your personal development is important to us
- Extra leave - personal and annual
- $5 a week gym membership and group personal training sessions
- Added benefits subsidized vacation care; corporate health benefits and more
Come join our Supermarkets team as a Category Manager looking after Confectionery & Seasonal. This position requires a seasoned Category Manager who has worked in grocery.
What You Will Be Doing
- Category Management - ranging, pricing and promotions
- Supplier management and negotiation
- Financial management of your category - P&L
- Ensuring we have a shopper led category, working with insights and other departments to gain information regarding your category
- Working closely with the Head of Merchandise
- Work with our retailers to build strong relationships and assist them to get the most out of this category
You have Category Management experience in a retailer or convenience channel or you have worked on the FMCG side as a National Business Manager or National Account Manager with grocery. You will have a proven track record working with complex environments, driving promotional strategies and managing a variety of lines. Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers and senior stakeholders. Highly relationship driven and results focused.
Metcash is Australia’s leading wholesale distribution and marketing company with sales of over $14 billion. We believe that it is absolutely vital to Australia that there is a sustainable, independent, family-owned business sector. Independent retailers support their local communities. We help them to be the ‘Best Store in Town’ by providing merchandising, operational and marketing support across our food, liquor and hardware pillars. Our purpose is to Champion successful Independents.
Back to search results Apply now