Regional Sales Representative
Job no: 499928
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Convenience
Site: Cairns ALM
What we can offer you:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Flexible work environment.
- Training opportunities. Your personal development is important to us!
- Multiple career opportunities and the opportunity to be part of our transformation journey.
- Added benefits. Well-being days, extra leave days just for you; subsided vacation care; corporate health benefits and much more.
About the role:
The Regional Sales Representative will work to grow sales with existing customers and develop new business within our Convenience business. This role will operate throughout the Cairns region with the objective to meet defined business plans and revenue goals. This role is ideal for someone who loves sales in a fast-moving company and is career driven.
What you'll do:
You will be strong in Business Development with the ability to identify and bring in new opportunities. Your role will involve the following:
- Execute the State and National convenience sales strategy to achieve set objectives.
- Maintain effective relationships, internally and externally, to deliver core partnership strategies for our Convenience business.
- Grow existing business through relationship management and effective use of promotional campaigns, range reviews and new product development.
- Meet customer needs and follow up customers enquiries in a timely manner.
- Identify new opportunities and gain new profitable businesses to build route density.
- Deliver weekly updates to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Participate in coaching and attend relevant training sessions.
- Keep up-to-date and informed of the new, deleted and existing product lines across the various portfolios.
What you'll bring:
- Direct selling experience, preferably within the FMCG industry.
- Experience within Foodservice industry is advantageous.
- Competence with trade and sales mathematics in understanding pricing, margin and profit levers.
- Sound negotiation skills and the ability to influence customers and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse and interpret internal and external data to develop sales strategies.
- Strong planning and organisation skills to effectively balance existing customers with new relationships.
- Confident communicator who is able to be vary style, actively listen and present to audiences at any level.
- Tech savvy - confident operation of Microsoft suite, ability to navigate and effectively utilise various technology tools, apps, laptops and smartphones
You’ll be employed by Metcash, Australia’s leading wholesale distribution and marketing company.
We believe that it is absolutely vital to Australia that there is a sustainable, independent, family-owned business sector. Independent retailers support their local communities. We help them to be the ‘Best Store in Town’ by providing merchandising, operational and marketing support across our food, liquor and hardware pillars.
With locations across Australia, New Zealand and China, Metcash proudly supports independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including IGA, Campbells, Cellarbrations, Mitre 10, Friendly Grocer, and The Bottle-O. At Metcash we are transforming our business and challenging the status quo of retail. We are creating a great place to work, with our 6,000 employees all passionate about achieving our purpose of Championing Successful Independents.
Back to search results Apply now